1. LawPoint, (“we”, “us”, or “our”) offer certain web services (“online services”) according to the terms and conditions in this Agreement (“Agreement”). By creating an account on LawPoint to use the online services, you agree to this Agreement. If you represent an organization, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to agree to this Agreement on behalf of your organization. If you do not agree to this Agreement, do not use our online services.
2. You may access and use our online services only in accordance with this Agreement. Any deviation or derogation therefrom will constitute violation of the Agreement, resulting into the suspension and / or likely termination of your LawPoint account. Now the conditions of the Agreement are as under:
(a) In order to register on LawPoint, you must create a username and password and provide us with the information requested in the online registration process. You must provide us accurate information during that process and also update your information, as and when necessitated, to ensure it remains accurate.
(b) You represent and warrant to us that: (a) you have the authority, personal or delegated, to accept the responsibilities stipulated in this Agreement; and (b) that the same does not violate this Agreement, or any other law.
(c) The term of this Agreement commences when you create an account and will remain in effect until terminated in accordance with this Agreement. You may terminate this Agreement anytime by revoking your account in the user panel on LawPoint, in which eventuality all data associated therewith shall be removed from our servers, and re-registration charges will apply. We may also either terminate your account, or suspend your access to the online services, if:
(i) we discontinue any online services after prior notice;
(ii) you do not renew your subscription to the online services for over six months, though your access to the online services will cease immediately upon expiry of the subscription period;
(iii) we reasonably determine that your use of the online services poses a risk to the availability, functionality, or security of the online services, i.e., when you, or anyone else through your user account, without your knowledge or otherwise (a) copy or extract our data by any means, whether manual or automated, (b) or alter, or tamper with, or create derivative works of our data included in the online services; (c) reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the data or online services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the online services; (d) access or use the online services in a way intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or privileges (one online access per account from any location); (e) resell or sub-license the online services; (f) use the online services in connection with any fork or derivative work of the LawPoint database; (g) attempt to disable or circumvent any security mechanisms used by the online services; (h) use the online services in a way that poses a risk to the Online services or any third party; or (i) or use the online services unlawfully.
(iv) we reasonably determine that your use of the online services may be unlawful in any manner; or
(v) you violate the Agreement in any manner which constitutes violation of the fair use of the online services.
3. LawPoint offers free trial of its online services, during which you may decide to subscribe to them or otherwise. Any request for refund of the subscription charges will not be entertained past the free trial or evaluation period. Similarly, your non-use of the online services also does not entitle you to any refund. If your right to access or use any portion or all of the online services is suspended or terminated for reasons stated hereinabove, you remain responsible for all the fees and charges you have already paid for the subscription period, and will not be entitled to any credit or refund either.
4. LawPoint permits single user session against all subscription plans. Any second or attempted concurrent login will override the first session. There is also a restriction on the number of IP addresses through which you can access your account in any given period of 36 hours.
5. While every effort is made to update the LawPoint database, no claim or representation is made about its correctness or being updated at any point in time. Laws are amended or superceded with or without prior notice, and sometimes not published or belatedly published by public authorities or institutions, or otherwise not made public due to different reasons, though such laws have come into force. We therefore do not – or cannot – guarantee immediate updation of the LawPoint database or online services.
6. As such, we are not responsible, or liable, for any time lapse in synchronous updation of our database. The user must undertake due diligence in such matters, without any reference to our online services.
7. We will also not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages (including damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use or data). We will not be responsible for any compensation, reimbursement or direct damages arising in connection with: (a) your inability to use the online services; or (b) any unauthorized access to, alteration of, or deletion, destruction, damage, loss or failure to store any of your content or other data. Our aggregate liability under this Agreement, in any case, will be limited to the amount you actually pay us under this Agreement for the online services.
8. This Agreement does not transfer any right, title or interest in any intellectual property to any party, which is exclusively vested in us, in accordance with the national copyright laws.
9. You understand and agree that we may change, suspend or discontinue any part or all of the online services. We will notify you of any material change to or discontinuation of the online services by email or via our website.
10. We calculate and bill fees and charges as described on the site specific to the online service you are using. You will pay us the applicable fees and charges for use of the online services.
11. All fees and charges payable by you are exclusive of applicable taxes and duties, including applicable sales tax. If you are legally entitled to an exemption from any sales, use, or similar transaction tax, you are responsible for providing us with legally-sufficient tax exemption certificates for each taxing jurisdiction. We will apply the tax exemption certificates to charges under your account occurring after the date we receive the tax exemption certificates. If any deduction or withholding is required by law, you will notify us and will pay us any additional amounts necessary to ensure that the net amount that we receive, after any deduction and withholding, equals the amount we would have received if no deduction or withholding had been required. Additionally, you will provide us with documentation showing that the withheld and deducted amounts have been paid to the relevant taxing authority.